Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Easter!!

Hello family and friends! I apologize for my lack of blog posts! School has been insane this semester for both Matt and I. I feel bad, because there have not been a lot of pictures taken of Emmett! I think that my brain just shut off for all things sentimental for a semester of school! Dang it! Anyways, I am back with it now that I am done with my internship. It feels AMAZING!!! Emmett was a lot more fun this Easter than he was last. We were discussing on Easter Sunday, that last year all he did was scoot around on the pavement. Although, that was pretty entertaining! I thought I would add a picture from last year to show how much he has grown.


Last year, I had people put captions to this photo on my facebook page. I pulled them all off and this is what people wrote (thanks for the good laughs!):

 "Maybe if I get down here at eye level, I'll be able to find that Easter Bunny!",  "dat rascally rabbit!", "GGGRRRR!! Where's that Easter Bunny guy?! He promised me a dirt bike this year and it wasn't in my pink egg!! :O hehe", "GGGrrrrr...they finally let me out of the house and I only get to crawl on the sidewalk. Let me at those horses!", "You feeling lucky Mr. Bunny? Make my day!",  " That darn bug took my smartie! I want it back!"



This year, we went to our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt. He was a man on a mission for those eggs... until he spotted the swings.. then it was all over and he just wanted to play! The Easter Bunny even came to visit!!








This picture helped me realize just how bad he needed a haircut! We went right after this and had it cut!




 On Sunday, we came to Blackfoot to spend time with my family. Emmett had another Easter egg hunt, but now knew what was inside the eggs. He didn't really want to put them in the basket, he just wanted us to open them up for him so that he could eat the jelly bean that was inside each of them. He was so sugared up this weekend and was even more wild than normal!!






After some fun little candids, I decided that I wanted some posed and cute Easter pictures of our little boy. I am starting up photography again now that my personal life is no longer put on hold from school haha. I am so excited to start this hobby up again and keep improving! I look at my pictures from over a year ago and I know that I am getting better! It is a good feeling!







This is my favorite from the day! :) Love this little boy and his sweet personality! Matt joked the other day that Emmett is like those sour patch kid commercials... you know the ones where the sour patch kid would do something naughty and then would be really nice. I think on one of those commercials, the sour patch candy cuts her hair in her sleep and then when she is upset he gives her a hug. The caption after the commercial goes something like this, "First they're sour, then they're sweet." This pretty much sums up Emmett. He can be so naughty but will immediately say sorry and give a huge hug. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment